25 March 2008

Am I the only one out there who doesn't have it together?

I wake up EVERY day at 6. It doesn't matter if I am sick or tired or recovering from major surgery.

I emerge from my bedroom to a disaster.

I make breakfast and turn on Playhouse Disney before doing anything else.

I start the dishes from the day before, because by the end of the previous day I was entirely to exhausted to do anything else before bed.

I pick up laundry, toys, goldfish, Cheerios, mangled grapes and what not from my living room and kitchen.

It is now 7 am.

I need a nap.

I continue to clean the kitchen, which never seems to stay clean for longer then 5 minutes.

I turn around from finishing dishes and such to find that the kitchen and living room floor is now once again covered in laundry, toys, shoes, goldfish, and scrambled eggs.

My $300 coach purse is hanging out of a cabinet with some sort of paste made of goldfish all over it.

I start over.

My wonderful and perfect little boy is patiently sitting on the couch with his cup, just as sweet as pie.... as poop oozes from his diaper all over my beige couch. Really?? Come on!

I get him cleaned up, the couch cleaned up for the 3rd time this week, and plop him in the living room so I can go to the bathroom for 2 seconds.

I of course cannot go to the bathroom by myself because God only knows what would happen if I didn't allow my son to come with me.

This cycle continues all day........

I make dinner, which always produces mad amounts of dishes even though there is only 3 of us.

There the dishes sit until tomorrow.

I haven't even touched laundry, bathrooms, floors or any kind of spring cleaning. I can hardly keep my living room and kitchen picked up.

I see these women with immaculate houses and perfectly organized lives.............I just can't seem to pull it all together!!!

1 comment:

The Rambling Housewife said...

Uh.....No ma'am . . . .

You are most certainly NOT the only one who does not have it together!!!

Come to my house . . .

You'll feel great about yourself, by comparison .. .

Trust me on that one! ;)